The International Water Centre(IWC) in Australia is offering up to two full-tuition scholarships to international candidates from any country around the world to study the Master of Catchment Science in 2019.
The scholarships will be awarded to high-calibre applicants who best represent future catchment management leaders. This scholarship is available for full-time study of the full Master of Catchment Science (MCS) program, delivered at Griffith University (CRICOS 099375F).
Scholarships are not available for the IWC Graduate Certificate in Catchment Processes or the Graduate Certificate in Catchment Hydrology or any other program. Scholarships are only available for commencing students and not for current students enrolled in the MCS.
Worth of Award
Value for this scholarship is AU$56,000, which covers:
- full tuition fees for full-time study of Master of Catchment Science, for the program commencing trimester 1 (February), 2020.
Recipients will be responsible for costs associated with a student visa, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), travel to Australia, accommodation and living expenses.
All scholarship candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution.
- Two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience relevant to the program and following the completion of an undergraduate degree). Although not essential for entry in the MCS program, candidates with at least two years of relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see selection criteria and process below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP). Applicants must meet the ELP requirements for admission to be considered in the scholarship selection.
- Scholarships do not include funding to undertake English language courses through the Griffith English Language Institute (GELI). Scholarship applicants will not be considered in the selection round if they choose to undertake courses through GELI.
- Scholarship applicants must receive a full offer of admission into the MIWM program from Griffith University to be considered in the scholarship selection.
How to Apply
- Applicants who apply for the scholarship must first apply for admission to Griffith University and meet the admission requirements.
- Applications for the MCs Scholarships are completed via an online link.
- If you want to save your application and come back to it later, click on ‘Save Answers and Resume Later’ at the bottom the page. Please copy the URL link provided and save it in a safe place. You can only use the URL link for maximum of 30 days to resume answering questions on the form. After 30 days the link will expire and you will have to start a new application form.
Deadline: Scholarships open on 1 July at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time and close on October 1, 2019 at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.