The Curtin University in Australia is inviting applications for the Australian Government Research Training Programme Scholarships in 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified students to apply for an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to undertake Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at Curtin University. The purpose of the RTP Scholarship is to attract top-quality postgraduate students to the University so they can receive high-quality research training that will contribute to the research and educational excellence of the university.
Worth of Award
- Tuition fees offset for up to 4 years (full-time load) depending of course and mode of study;
- A stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking HDR study
An RTP allowance to assist students with ancillary costs which may include:
- For overseas students, a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Department of Health which covers the student and may cover their spouse and any dependants;
- Relocation costs to undertake an HDR at Curtin University; and/or
- HDR thesis printing and applicable publication costs.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a current or future student, either domestic or international; and
- Satisfy the entry requirements or be already admitted into a Masters by Research or Research Doctorate at Curtin University including meeting the Curtin University English proficiency levels.
How to Apply
Applications from new students for the RTP Round 2 scholarships must follow the following steps.
- Review the available projects linked above.
- Email the Project Lead expressing your interest in the scholarship, detailing how your experience and skills align with the research project and attach your current curriculum vitae.
- The Project Lead will shortlist their preferred applicant and write them a primary reference in support of their application. If you have not been successful as a preferred candidate for your chosen project, you will be notified by the project lead, at which point you are free to review and apply for other available projects.
- Once you have confirmation that you are the preferred applicant for your chosen project by the Project Lead you will need to send the external referee template to either an academic or professional referee to complete and submit on your behalf.
- Finally, you will need to submit an eApplication for admission into a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course. As part of your admission documents you will need to submit a RTP scholarship application form.
All references are confidential and will not be viewed by the applicant and therefore, must be returned directly to the Graduate Research School at [email protected] by the referee themselves.
Applicants will be assessed against the following metrics:
- Basis of admission;
- Academic qualifications;
- Achievement of candidacy;
- Work-related research experience;
- Academic accomplishments;
- Research and creative outputs of demonstrable quality;
- Referee report; and
- Strategically aligned projects.
Deadline: Application closes August 31, 2022.