Gray Matters Capital in the US is inviting applications from early-stage social enterprises for a revenue share investment of up to $250,000 in 2020.
coLABS is an early-stage investment portfolio seeking to invest in bold, innovative, and widely scalable social enterprises that have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of women and girls around the world.
They are on a mission to educate and empower 100 million women around the world. To explore new strategies to reach that goal, they launched coLABS in 2017. They’ve committed $5 million over the next 3 years to invest in early-stage entrepreneurs to dramatically improve the lives of 1 million women and girls.
Worth of Award
They provide revenue-share investment capital and seek a healthy return on investment within 3-5 years of investment.
- Are women central to the growth of your business? Does the issue you’re solving for your community disproportionately affect women/girls?
- Can your company grow wide/fast enough within 5 years to reach new markets or to provide new services/products to your customers?
- How are you bringing something new to the world
- Have you tested your idea, seen it to be sustainable, and now you’re ready to scale? Is revenue-share the appropriate type of investment capital for your company?
How to Apply
- PRE-SCREEN: The pre-screen form helps them get acquainted with you and your venture. Please note that due to the volume of pre-screening applications they receive, please allow the team up to 4 weeks to respond to your investment inquiry if an investment committee meeting is approaching.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: A GMC coLABS staff member will be in touch with you if your pre-screening application passes our initial review. At that time, they will invite you to complete a full proposal to be submitted via email to them.
- PROPOSAL REFINEMENT: Following submission, their team will review your full pitch proposal and work with you to refine it in preparation for their next Investment Committee meeting (also known as “Bulge”). Note, not all ventures that are invited to complete full proposals will make it to pitching at Bulge. Finalists to pitch will be asked to complete the DISC personal and professional assessment to help our team get to know your team better.
- BULGE: They call their Investment Committee meetings “Bulges.” Selected applicants will participate in a virtual Bulge that consists of a short pitch via video call and a Q&A session with their Committee.
Deadline: Application for Prescreen is still ongoing and on a rolling basis.