.The Donders Institute in Nijmegen (Netherlands) invites applications for the Postdoc Fellowship at Radboud University Radboud Excellence Fellowship in 2020.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-class interfaculty research centre, housing more than 700 researchers devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of the human mind. Research at the Donders Institute focuses around four themes:
Language and communication
Perception, action and control
Plasticity and memory
Neural Computation and Neurotechnology
Excellent, state-of-the-art research facilities are available for a broad range of neuroscience research. The Donders Institute fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary, supportive research environment with a diverse international staff. English is the lingua franca at the Institute.
The Radboud Excellence Fellowship is a university-wide initiative in which fellows are expected, besides conducting their research, to actively engage in an interdisciplinary/cultural programme with fellows from other departments. Radboud University appoints approximately 20 fellows a year.
Worth of Award
- employment: 0.8 – 1.0 FTE;
- salary is dependent on experience and applicable labour agreements;
- term of contract: the fellowship is for a duration of two years (24 months);
- employee benefits such as relocation cost reimbursements, holidays, end-of-year allowances, and a retirement scheme are included. You will additionally hold a €6,000 a year research grant. The Radboud Excellence Initiative arranges housing for fellows and offers support to family members;
- you will be able to make use of their Dual Career Service where their Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as childcare, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- This two-year fellowship is open to non-Dutch postdoctoral researchers based outside the Netherlands having no previous study or work experience in the Netherlands.
- You should hold a PhD in a relevant field, obtained two to eight years prior to the closing date of this call.
- The fellowship is for independent research in any of the University’s excellence areas, and in particular, for this call, any topic in brain and cognition research.
How to Apply
You should upload your application for Postdoc Fellowship at Radboud University (attn. of Prof. Harold Bekkering) exclusively using the button ‘Apply’ Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
- Three-page work plan
- A CV with a list of publications and two letters of references
- pdf version of the two most relevant publications
Selection will commence in October 2019 and will involve a two-stage process. After an initial selection by the Donders Institute in October 2019, the applications of the short-listed top candidates will be forwarded to the selection committee of the university-wide programme. The selection committee is interdisciplinary so candidates are advised to submit research plans that are accessible to a non-specialist audience. Selection by the University is expected to take place in November 2019.
Deadline: Applications for Postdoc Fellowship at Radboud University close on October 31, 2019.