Getty foundation invites applications for the Getty Foundation Scholar Grants for Residency in the USA in 2021.
Worth of Award
Getty Foundation Scholar Grants for Residency affords Getty Scholars the opportunity to be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $21,500.
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000.
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000.
- AAAHI Fellowships are limited to nine-month residency terms and are granted $65,000 stipends.
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants who received their degree after September 1, 2017, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme* and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
- Applicants for the AAAHI Fellowship are not required to work on the scholar year theme, but rather should describe their focus on African American art and cultural history.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample