The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) invites applications for Daad Epos Scholarships for the MSc in Water Resources and Environmental Management” (WATENV) at the Leibniz University of Hannover in 2022.
Sustainable development in all areas of water resources management, water supply, waste water treatment and solid waste management is of great importance for present-day and succeeding generations. Engineers and natural scientists in water resources and environmental management are qualified to search for responses to worldwide problems of increasing water scarcity, flood risks and environmental pollution. Graduates work together with colleagues in several special fields. The job is multidisciplinary, interesting and globally needed.
WATENV is a research-oriented international Master of Science Programme hosted at Leibniz University of Hanover, Germany. Students obtain interdisciplinary knowledge and key qualifications in the field of sustainable water resources management. Graduates are prepared to take responsible positions e.g. in research and higher environmental administration. Quality and availability of water are more and more threatened by societal and environmental change. There is a growing demand for experts in water related subjects, which offers great job opportunities in the developing countries above all.
Worth of Award
The Daad Epos Scholarships will:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Students must hold a Bachelors degree with the grade “good” or better (in a field related to the WATENV Masters programme, e.g. civil engineering, environmental sciences, natural sciences or geosciences).
- Instructions and examinations are given in English language. Applicants with non-English native language have to provide evidence of an adequate working knowledge (CEFR C1) of English via an internationally recognised certificate.
Documents for submission in general (in English)
- Completed application form;
- Bachelor of Science certificate (certified copy). If not yet available at time of application, applicants have to send a proof of the hitherto obtained credit points and marks;
- University transcript (certified copy), including a description of the grading system;
- Curriculum Vitae; (signed by applicant)
- Letter of motivation, at least indicating the qualifications and interests of the candidate and a prospect of further activities related to the field of studies; (signed by applicant)
- International certificate of sufficient English language proficiency at the C1 level of the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” (CEFR).
- School leaving certificate (certified copy)
- Optional: Proof of professional experience, special qualifications and awards
- Two letters of recommendation (original);
- DAAD application form;
- Proofs of professional experience (certified copy), attributed scholarships by DAAD or others
How to Apply
- Direct application:
In order to apply for a Master’s programme, please apply directly to Leibniz Universität Hannover, not via Uni Assist.
- Online application:
At Leibniz Universität Hannover, you apply online. There is an application portal for German-language Master’s programmes and an application portal for English-language Master’s programmes.
Deadline: the deadline for application for Daad Epos Scholarships is September 30th of the previous year.