The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Ireland is inviting applications for the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme for Young African Postgraduates 2021.
The aims of the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme are to nurture future African leaders, women, and men, to develop the in-country capacity to achieve national SDG goals, and to build positive relationships between Ireland and Africa.
Through the programme, early-career professional women and men, with leadership potential, from eligible countries will avail of relevant postgraduate study opportunities in Irish higher education institutions. On completion of their studies, graduates will have acquired relevant skills and knowledge and be better capacitated and positioned to influence the advancement of national social, economic and development priorities. Fostering women’s leadership capacity will be a priority.
Worth of Award
- The programme offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully-funded one-year master’s programme at a prestigious higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
- The award covers course fees, flights, and accommodation and living costs.
To be eligible for an Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme, applicants must;
- Be a resident national of one of the following countries: Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Have a minimum of two or three years’ relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering positions), depending on the country (details provided in the application form).
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first-class honour, or second class honour, Grade 1 (in some cases a second class honour Grade 2 may be accepted).
- Not already hold a qualification at the master’s level or higher.
How to Apply
- Please read the Applicants Guidance Note carefully before completing as eligibility criteria may differ from country to country.
- Applications will not be considered for this fellowship unless all eligibility criteria are met.
- You should carefully check that you can meet the above criteria before requesting application information.
Deadline: Application closes on September 13, 2020.