The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) invites applications for Daad Epos Scholarships to attend the Small Enterprise Promotion and Training – SEPT MBA at the University of Leipzig in 2021.
The International SEPT Program is a research and training program at the University of Leipzig dedicated to provide theoretical insight as well as practical experience in the management and promotion of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) worldwide.
The two-year study program focuses predominantly on economic issues containing different concepts, approaches and aspects, ranging from supporting small businesses coping with survival to promoting innovative, dynamic enterprises. One particular issue is the identification of growth potential and concepts re-evaluating economic and industrial policy. Nevertheless, political and socio-economic considerations, such as securing employment and income for the poor, are part of our program.
This approach facilitates qualified training for upcoming professionals and members of institutions who already hold a degree and have some practical experience in working in/with small and medium-sized enterprises.
Worth of Award
The Daad Epos Scholarships offers:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
To qualify for the Daad Epos Scholarships, you should:
- A 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a reputable university
- Documentation of English proficiency*
- Minimum of two years of relevant career experience
- Excellent computer skills, at least in the use of software for word processing (e.g. MS-Word), spreadsheets (e.g. MS-Excel) and statistical analysis programs (e.g. SPSS, STATA)
- Basic knowledge of economics and/or economic issues
- Students from India with a 3 year Bachelor degree are eligible to apply if they fulfill the following requirement: Minimum grade: First division/class 60% and above or A = Very Good and above or a GPA from 3.00 onwards
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants are required to submit an APS-Certificate
- Nigerian and Cameroonian applicants must certify their application documents at the German Embassy
How to Apply
All applicants looking forward to study the SEPT Programme must first fill out the official SEPT online Application-form.
In addition to the submission of this online application form, the following documents must be sent via post mail and arrive in the SEPT offices before or on the deadline.
- Motivation letter of maximum 2 pages, which describes your motivation and merits for being part of SEPT program
- One comprehensive Curriculum-Vitae
- One original certified copy of School-leaving certificate (high school diploma), giving right of entry to higher education in the home country
- One original certified copy of university diplomas, degree certificates and transcripts indicating the final grades; accompanied by an explanation of the grading system
- One original English examination score report or an original certified copy of it (IELTS academic or TOEFL ibt or Letter of English as medium of instruction at University)
- Original official letter(s) as proof of employment for at least two years from the previous and/or current employer
- Two original letters of recommendation, one academic and one professional
- DAAD EPOS Scholarship Application Form (if applying for DAAD EPOS scholarship)
- Letter of confirmation of scholarship-donor IF applicable or status of application procedure (i.e. copy of a letter of application)
Deadline: Complete applications for DAAD EPOS Scholarship must arrive at SEPT office by latest October 1st for tuition beginning in October of the following year.