The knowledge of blended learning prepares international students for the study abroad experience. This helps them to enjoy a beautiful variation of education, practically the best of both worlds. It is a great way technology is used to supplement education and traditional learning.
What then is Blended Learning?
It is the practice of using both online and in-person learning experiences when teaching students. In this case, students attend lectures in traditional classrooms and do assignments and other tasks online. Blended learning integrates face-to-face and online activities to complement one another. It is a flexible and more convenient way of learning.
Blended learning affords international students the opportunity to interact personally and online with their lecturers and colleagues. They equally acquire skills through the use of technologies for learning.
Face-to-face learning includes
- Classrooms/lecture halls.
- Laboratories for practicals.
- Teaching aids/instructional materials.
- Other physical environments where learning directly with a teacher takes place are considered face-to-face learning opportunities.
Online learning includes
Internet connectivity to access
- Video-captured talks and presentations by leading industry experts.
- Online quizzes.
- Opportunities to collaborate with classmates.
- Practical/industry demonstrations.
In order to enjoy a successful blended learning experience, students need
- Access to a computer and the internet to access the online portion of the course(s).
- Time to spend on course materials and activities both in the classroom and online.
- Space to study.
- Time management skills to balance the course hours, as well as homework.
Mixing face-to-face tuition with the opportunities afforded by online platforms is now the best form of learning. Owing to the fact that the world is more such a global village, more universities are adopting blended learning for international students. It is, therefore, an option worth considering as it affords students the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds.