The Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (DAFF) in South Africa offers a Bursary Award to South Africans for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The mission of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) is to advance food security and agrarian transformation in the agricultural sector through innovative, inclusive and sustainable policies and programmes.
The Department’s strategic goals are: increased profitable production of food, fibre and timber products by all categories of producers; sustained management of natural resources; effective national regulatory services and risk management systems; a transformed and united sector; increased contribution of the sector to economic growth and development; and effective and efficient governance.
Worth of Award
The bursary will cover;
- Meals and
- Monthly allowance.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- B.Sc. Majoring in Ichthyology/Fisheries Science
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology
- B.Sc. Marine Biology
- B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science
- B.Sc. Entomology
- B.Sc. Food Science
- B.Sc. Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.)
- National Diploma: Food Technology
- National Diploma: Forestry
- National Diploma: Marine Science
How to Apply
To apply for the Bursary Award in South Africa, Applicants should;
- Use block letters to complete the form
- Give concise answers and, where applicable, mark with an X.
- This form may only be used by persons who are not staff members of the department
- Attach a recent copy of your ID, academic records and copies of qualification/certificates
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address and click on vacancies.
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
Deadline: Application closes September 30, 2019.