The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic offers Slovakia Government scholarships for the 2022/23 academic year
Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia’s official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community. Act No. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on amendment of certain acts and Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Decree No. 50/2016 defining the details of awarding government scholarships entered into force on 1 January 2016. The Slovak government adopted the Medium-Term Strategy for Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic for 2019-2023.
Slovak government scholarships include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status. Award of such scholarships has become a part of state policy supporting Slovaks Living Abroad, which has developed gradually over time, with the adoption of Act No. 474/2005 Coll. on Slovaks Living Abroad and on amendment of certain acts, the establishment of the Office for Slovaks Living Abroad and the adoption of the Concept of State Policy of the Slovak Republic in relation to Slovaks Living Abroad to 2020 approved by Slovak Government Resolution No. 571/2015 on 21 October 2015.
Worth of Award
- The SR Government scholarship is provided up until the day of completing the standard length of study (first, second and third-degree of higher education) in an aliquot part in the respective month pursuant to a notification from the respective university.
- A scholarship holder who has completed the first degree of higher education through final exams and continues in the next academic year in the second degree of higher education will be paid the scholarship during the summer holidays following documentation of the claim
- Up to €280 monthly
- Applicants should be national of developing countries applying to study in the Slovak Republic
An SR Government scholarship is not provided to the student if
- The student is absent from the respective university in the SR for longer than 30 calendar days in a month
- he/she changes the higher education study programme without the prior consent of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
- exceeds the standard length of study set by the statute of the respective university in the SR for the selected study programme
- does not begin study at the date given in the notification on the SR Government scholarship grant without the prior consent of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
- for any reason ceases to be a student of a public university in the SR, or the SR Government scholarship holder is removed from the register of foreign students;
- Acquires permanent residence in the SR, with the exception of EU citizens, or is granted SR citizenship.
How to Apply
- You must submit your application online and provide all necessary attachments in the application. Failure to apply online or to attach required documents will lead to automatic disqualification. See link below to start your application.
Deadline: Application for this scholarship closes on May 30, 2022