The 2014 Acer International Student Scholarship (AISS) in Australia is now open for application international students to study in the country.
AISS is a scholarship to help support an international student who wishes to study for an undergraduate Business degree at an Australian university. The inaugural AISS will be awarded in February 2014, for studies commencing that year.
Worth of Award: The scholarship is valued at AUD$50,000, payable over two to three years. The scholarship money can be used to cover tuition fees.
You are eligible to APPLY for the scholarship if:
- You are an international student (that is, you are not an Australian permanent resident or citizen, nor are you applying for permanent residency or citizenship of Australia);
- You are applying to enter the first year of a full time undergraduate Business degree on-campus at an Australian university, in Australia, not at an overseas campus. Such courses are listed under the Business School links here.
You are eligible to be AWARDED the scholarship if:
- You are the holder of a 573 Visa for studying in Australia
- You have received an offer of a place in a first year undergraduate Business degree at an Australian university for commencement in 2014
- You have received an excellent result in the selection test, ISAT
Note: The scholarship will be awarded based on the highest score achieved in the selection test, so is performance-based, rather than needs-based.
How to Apply
- You must first complete an AISS application form online by February 1, 2014. The includes information about your personal details as well as your education background and intended course details (see link below)
- After registering your information on their website, go ahead and register for the qualifying exam called ISAT by February 7, 2014 (see link below).
- The registration fee for all ISAT sittings is US$300
AISS Scholarship applications close: February 1, 2014
You must sit the Selection Test (ISAT) by February 7, 2014
Scholarship recipient to be announced: February 14, 2014