Flinders University in Australia invites applications for Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) open to international master’s and PhD students on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance to study in Australia. The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Master’s degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study.
Worth of Award
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $25,392 per annum. It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and, satisfy the University’s
- academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are normally only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
How to Apply
- All applicants are required to read the application guidelines provided below before submitting an application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Any questions about the application process should be directed to the Flinders University International Office via email [email protected]
- Applications are accepted electronically by email, and scanned applications can be sent to [email protected]
- If you send an electronic application by email and you are successful, you will be required to provide all of your original or certified documents to the International Office before your scholarship will commenced.
- If you wish to post your application, please post two full copies to:
The International Office
GPO Box 2100
Adelaide SA 5001
Deadline: Application closes on August 15, 2014