Canon Collins Trust is inviting applications for the Tom Queba Engineering Scholarships for Social Change in South Africa in 2023
These scholarships are offered in memory of Tom Queba, who was a leader in the George taxi industry. His passion, commitment, and vision for improved public transport, and for the future of the minibus taxi industry in George, have contributed greatly to the achievement of the GO GEORGE bus service. He was tragically killed in 2014, which prompted Pegasys to form the Tom Queba Memorial Fund and establish this scholarship in his memory.
Worth of Award
- In 2023, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Be a black female national of, and normally resident in, South Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be studying or applying to study at a Masters level in engineering subjects at a South African university
- Preference will be given to those studying engineering subjects that have a societal benefit.
How to Apply
- To apply, Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying.
- You can apply by sending your completed application form to [email protected].
- Please download and save the copy of the applications form on to your computer before you fill it in.
Deadline: The application closes Monday, August 22, 2022.