The German Development Bank (KFW) in Partnership with the East African Community (EAC) in Germany is inviting applications for the EAC Scholarship Programme 2019.
The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration. Applicants are expected to study in countries other than their own in selected universities and programmes. Successful applicants will be offered a comprehensive package including scholarships for the master’s programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities.
The scholarship will support masters students in Mathematics, Engineering, Informatics, Science, Technology and Business Science programmes. IUCEA hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to apply for the KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
Worth of Award
- The project offers financial support to academically skilled and disadvantaged masters students with the main focus on priority programmes.
- Masters students shall be given a fixed amount of money to cover living as well as costs for teaching and research materials.
- The financial cooperation arrangement shall finance the first three cohorts of approximately 157 masters students over their full study time of 2 years.
The following criteria are mandatory. Students should:
- Be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Be below 35 years of age
- Have applied to study in an EAC Partner State other than their country of citizenship
- Possess the required academic qualifications for admission to the programme
- Submit a well-written motivation letter in English elaborating on the following:
- The motivation for wanting to pursue a Masters Programme chosen in section 2 above
- Foreseen professional engagement in the EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters
- Expect application of the acquired skills and knowledge from the Masters Programme to contribute the EAC Integration Agenda
- Personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years Application process
How to Apply
Applications will be submitted through the following process and steps:
- Identify the programme and University of your choice
- Fill the application form for admission to the university (available from the
university, visit their website for more details)
- Fill an application form for the scholarship available on the website.
- Append the supporting documentation for the admission as per university
requirements and for the scholarship as per section 7 below;
- Submit both application forms electronically to the University
- Note: Where universities have online application system, please send the scholarship
application form to the specified email addresses
Deadline: Application closes August 1, 2019, 17:00 hours, East Africa Time.