The Denys Holland Scholarship opens to undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and who can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Applicants should be:
- holding an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study in any department;
- in financial hardship, and be able to demonstrate that without the scholarship they would be unable to study at UCL;
- preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial hardship, subject to applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extra-curricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
Value: Benefits and Duration
- The scholarship is worth £9,000 per annum and scholars may choose to use all or part of the scholarship to cover fees. Any remainder is paid to the scholar as a maintenance stipend
- Scholarships are for one year in the first instance, but will be renewed subject to satisfactory progress, for up to a total of three years
- The Scholarship may be held alongside other grants, bursaries, awards or scholarships, provided annual total funding does not exceed the cost of fees plus a reasonable sum for maintenance in any one year (as determined by UCL).
How to Apply
- To apply for this scholarship please download and complete the Application Form and read the Guidance Notes to help you.
- Applicants will be required to detail their current outside interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity which they would hope to pursue while a student. They will also have to provide information on their financial circumstances and other sources of income being sought to fund their studies – additional information may be requested by the selection panel.
- Return your completed application and supporting documentation (photocopies, not originals) to:
UCL Student Funding Office,
Room G19 South Wing, Student & Registry Services,
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
OR via email your application to: [email protected]