The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in Australia is inviting applications for the Dementia Research International PhD Scholarship 2019.
The scholarship to carry out a research project that will contribute to dementia research and treatment. The Dementia research project is focused on the application of multidisciplinary theories and approaches to the prevention and treatment of dementia and the development of its evaluation of innovative policy interventions.
However, topic areas of interest include provision and financing of dementia health care services, the evaluation of prevention and treatment interventions, key risk factors of dementia for effective interventions as well as the study of the socio-economic consequences of dementia.
Worth of Award
- A stipend of AUD $30 000 per annum.
- Full tuition fees for a period of 6 semesters (full-time equivalent).
- Domestic students will be allocated a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Place, whereas international students will be offered an International Fees Research Scholarship.
- The maximum period of tenure of an award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or international student
- Not hold a qualification regarded by the USQ to be equivalent to a PhD;
- Have a qualification regarded by USQ to be equivalent, or at a higher level to a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours;
- Be eligible to be enrolled, full-time on-campus in a PhD;
- Not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government.
- Be native English speakers and/or meet USQ’s English Language Requirements
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must scan and forward the following documents:
- A detailed Preliminary Thesis Topic Proposal form (DOC 28KB) relating to the above topic.
- A curriculum vitae
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards);
- A two page summary of your research interests and experiences
- Documentation confirming citizenship
- A list of any research publications.
- Finally, the documents should be scanned and forward as one PDF attachment
Deadline: Application is ongoing