The Britain-Australia Society invites applications for the Northcote Postgraduate Scholarships to enable students normally resident in the UK to undertake a higher degree at an Australian university for up to three years in 2022.
Throughout the year, The Britain-Australia Society holds a wide variety of events in London and throughout the Country from high-profile social occasions in exclusive locations to informal get-togethers so that our members can mingle, share some wonderful experiences, meet new friends, and help to strengthen our bilateral understanding and cooperation.
Worth of Award
The scholarship provides:
- visa costs
- an economy return airfare to Australia
- payment of compulsory university fees and charges
- a generous quarterly living allowance
There is no limitation on the field of study. Applicants must be resident in the UK (or one of its dependencies or territories) and need to ascertain their own eligibility for a postgraduate programme (MA or PhD) in Australia
How to Apply
Application forms are available on their webpage
Applications must be supported by:
- A completed Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship application form which includes:
– contact details
– a summary CV
– a statement from the applicant on the proposed course (1 or 2 pages)
– a statement of why the study must be undertaken in Australia
- Two references from persons able to assess the academic potential and character of the applicant
- A Firm Offer from the university. If no offer has yet been obtained then a statement from the host institution in Australia indicating that programme of study can be appropriately pursued there and that the candidate is eligible and has been given provisional acceptance
- The forms are then also obtainable from The Northcote Trust Administrator:The Northcote Trust
c/- The Britain-Australia Society
London WC2B 4LG
Deadline: The closing date for lodging applications is August 27, 2021.