The College of Women’s Association is inviting applications for its Scholarship for International Graduates in Japan for 2020/2021 academic year.
The College Women’s Association of Japan (CWAJ) is a volunteer organization of international women dedicated to encouraging educational and cultural exchange between Japanese-speaking people and English-speaking people of all nationalities.
CWAJ awards merit scholarships that are based on candidates’ academic excellence, the quality, and feasibility of their proposed study, and their potential to contribute to society. The scholarship encourages qualified applicants of any age to apply and does not impose a restriction on the field of study. It is also offering the following scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Worth of Award
The College Women’s Association Graduates scholarship in Japan is worth 2 million yen each.
- Applicants must be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program in a graduate school of a Japanese university from April 2020 to March 2021.
- Applicants must be residing in Japan at the time of application. (Individuals currently studying or living abroad are ineligible.).
- Submit an essay in English.
The following are ineligible:
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.5 million from any other scholarship programs for the duration of the CWAJ Scholarship.
- Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ.
How to Apply
- Obtain the Application Forms
- Application forms are available ONLY on the CWAJ website.
- Application forms are available on the CWAJ website.
- Requests for SVI application forms will also be accepted by email.
- Submitting Applications
- Application submission by email is NOT acceptable.
- Send by regular mail or Letterpack Light.
- Incomplete applications or those arriving past the deadline will be considered ineligible. Extra documents will be disregarded. No documents will be returned.
Deadline: Application closes on October 21, 2019.