The School of Humanities, Orebro University in Sweden is inviting applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher in Gender Studies 2019.
The duties and responsibilities for this post primarily research, and research initiation and collaboration. The teaching of up to 20 percent of a full-time post, including supervision and assessment of students at the Bachelor and Master levels, is also included, ar are administrative duties.
The specific duties of the position include drawing up at least one project application for external research funding. This work will be undertaken in collaboration with colleagues in the discipline, with the aim of strengthening research within at least one of the following prioritized research areas: gender in knowledge production, gender equality policy, men and masculinities, and violence research.
Worth of Award
The salary depends on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- General assessment criterion is the candidate’s ability to communicate, collaborate, and engage with society, and to facilitate research outreach.
- Other general assessment criteria are the candidate´s ability and suitability to cooperate with other staff, and to contribute to the development of the university activities.
- Particular importance will be attached to the qualities enabling the candidate to contribute to the discipline´s future development of both research and education.
- Particular attention will be paid to the documented experience of research collaborations and international publications.
- Experience of working in the prioritized research areas and a history of successful applications for research grants are considered a particular advantage.
- Great importance will be attached to the candidate’s personal qualities, such as the ability to collaborate and work independently; physical presence in the research environment; and their interest in research development. Experience of teaching Swedish is considered and advantage.
How to Apply
For the application to be complete, the following electronic documents must be included:
- Covering letter
- A CV with a relevant description of your overall qualifications and experience
- An account of research/artistic qualifications
- Research plan describing, in brief, the candidate´s planned research and how it relates to the discipline´s prioritized research areas (maximum of 3 pages)
- Copies of relevant course/degree certificates and references
- Scientific publications for consideration (maximum of 5)
Deadline: Application closes on August 30, 2019.