One Young World Art Fellowship is offering scholarships to attend the OYW Summit 2019 in London & a month-long art residency in France.
Art is not passive, stationary, or two-dimensional. It is a universal vehicle for unbridled expression, empathy, and social change. The world of today, as it always has, needs great art and great artists to broaden its consciousness and drive the conversation around the complex web of issues they face—social, political, and ecological.
For this scholarship, they are seeking the next generation of artists following in the footsteps of Michelangelo Pistoletto, Fabrice Hybert, Joseph Beuys and Banksy, employing their art as a generator of social progress.
Worth of Award
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
The fellowship provides:
- One Young World will offer this Fellowship to 1 visual artist using their craft to promote positive impact.
- The opportunity will offer fully-funded sponsorship to attend the OYW 2019 Summit and join the 1-month long residency programme in France.
- During the residency, the selected candidate will be expected to design and deliver a new piece of work.
To be eligible, applicants will need to
- Provide their CV and art portfolio
- Have demonstrated a commitment to using art as a vehicle for positive impact
- Be aged between 18-35 years old
- Be available to commit to attending the OYW Summit and the residency immediately after 21 October – 25 November 2019.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the website and fill in the online application form
Deadline: Application closes July 19, 2019.