Friedrich Ebert Foundation invites applications for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students in Germany for the 2022/23 academic session.
Applicants come from countries in the Global South (Asia, Africa, Latin America), post-Soviet states as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
For this reason, highly-performing students are awarded scholarships which include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance their social competences and academic skills.
Worth of Award
- For this scholarship, international students receive a monthly base amount of 861 EUR.
- In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of 276 EUR.
- Particularly gifted students from countries in the Global South (Asia, Africa, Latin America), post-Soviet states as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries are eligible.
- Candidates whose aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- Moreover, candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
How to Apply
- show outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
- show social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- be responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
They must also have sufficient knowledge of German, even if the courses are held in English. This means a/the
- “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” of at least DSH level 2,
- “Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache” of at least level 4,
- “Zertifikat C 1” by a Goethe Institute,
- “Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz” on level II or Telc C1 Hochschule
Deadline: There are different application deadlines for the various programs and applicant groups for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship.