The British council in the UK is inviting Egyptians to apply for the Newton-Mosharafa Fund PhD Programme for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The Newton-Mosharafa Fund is £50 million, seven-year science and innovation partnership between the UK and Egypt. The Fund brings together the British and Egyptian scientific research and innovation sectors to find joint solutions to the challenges facing Egypt in economic development and social welfare.
It aims to advance the capacity of the Egyptian science sector; increase the amount of quality scientific research and innovation being carried out in Egypt, and help mitigate social and economic challenges in Egypt through the development of new research and innovation. Through all of this work, they aim to establish and maintain sustainable, long term and mutually beneficial partnerships between the British and Egyptian science and innovation sectors.
Worth of Award
- The programme covers all fees and living/travel expenses.
- The programme will support both general missions (full degree scholarships 3 years), as well as joint supervisions (for students to do research for a year at a UK university as part of their Egyptian PhD).
- The PhD Programme supports Egyptian researchers to do their PhD at UK Higher Education institutions.
- Proposals must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for funding under this
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK and one Principal
Applicant from the partner country
- Both Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers3 or Established Researchers
- Both of the Principal Applicants’ institutions (the ‘Lead Institutions’) must have
the capacity to administer the grant.
- Individual departments within a single institution can make multiple applications
per call provided that the proposed activities are clearly different.
- Sustainable water management
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable food production
- Archaeology and cultural heritage
- Affordable and inclusive healthcare
How to Apply
visit the website and fill in the online application form
Deadline: Application closes on August 8, 2019.