The University College London (UCL) is inviting applications for the Access Opportunity Scholarship for undergraduates in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The purpose of the Access Opportunity scholarship is to support those, who because of their immigration status are not able to secure student loans for their higher education.
University College London, which has operated under the official name of UCL since 2005, is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It is a member institution of the federal University of London, and is the third largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment, and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
Worth of Award
The scholarship will consist of tuition fees and a living allowance of £11,000 per year for the normal duration of your programme at UCL.
Applicants for the scholarship must be:
- Holding an offer of a place on a UCL undergraduate programme and;
- Asylum seekers, children of asylum seekers or unaccompanied asylum-seeking children who are seeking asylum in the UK OR forced migrants who are based in the UK and have been granted a temporary form of leave as the result of an asylum application or human rights application (e.g. limited leave to remain, discretionary leave to remain, humanitarian protection) and;
- Unable to access student finance (tuition fee or maintenance loan) because of immigration status.
How to Apply
- To apply, visit the website and fill in the online application form
- Complete applications and supporting documentation should be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Successful candidates will be informed in August 2019.
- If you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by Friday 2 August 2019, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Deadline: Application closes Friday, May 28, 2021, at 5 pm (UK time).