The MTN Ghana Foundation is offering MTN Bright Scholarships to Ghanaian Students to pursue undergraduate courses for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Are you a First year or a continuing student pursuing first-degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance? The MTN Ghana Foundation has launched a scholarship scheme to support 100 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education. 300 scholarship awards would be given over a period of three years and beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of Ghana.
For about two decades, 1000s of Ghanaian youth have been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme.
Worth of Award
This scholarship will cover the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
To be considered eligible, applicants;
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be;
- Must be hard-working with excellent academic results
- An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
- Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
- For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in WASSCE means A1 – C6 and SSSCE means A – D
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Applicants can go online and apply through the web portal scholarships.mtn.com.gh or visit any of these MTN Service Centers to pick up forms
- The application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
Deadline: Application closes July 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm.