The University of Flinders in Australia is inviting applications for the Australian Government Research Training Programme for International Students 2021.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate),which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application.
- Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
How to Apply
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS;
- You will need to first submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group, which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS via the Student info system.
- You will need to have an active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to complete this process.
- If you have never studied at or made an application to Flinders University, you can register and submit your application for admission to a higher degree by research using the application portal.
- After completing your registration you will receive a confirmation email, this will arrive within 1 hour to your nominated email address and will contain your login details and instructions on how to activate your FAN.
Deadline: Application closes August 6, 2021 at 5 pm Australia, Adelaide local time.