The University of the West of England has announced the call for applications from outstanding Graduate students for the 2013 Millennium Development scholarships.
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to undertake an internship working within the International Development Office and other departments, and will also be required to undertake ambassadorial activity for the University throughout the duration of the course.
Worth of Awards
One full tuition fee scholarship will be awarded for an outstanding student to study a one year Masters programme at UWE.
Eligible students must:
- have achieved the equivalent of a British first class honours in their undergraduate degree
- have an unconditional offer by 31 May of a place to study a one year postgraduate programme at UWE which they have firmly accepted
- be a new student and be classed as overseas for fees purposes
- Not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award.
You will be eligible for consideration for a scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- You, the student, are liable to pay the full international tuition fee. ie you are not a sponsored student (unless otherwise specified).
- You are a national of, and resident in a country outside of the EU.
- You have been made a conditional or unconditional offer of a place from the University of the West of England, Bristol.
- You meet any specific scholarship requirements.
How to Apply
- Eligible applicants will be invited to apply via a task in their welcome website.
- Applicants are selected based on academic merit and the information that is provided in their application form and statement.
- Applicants will need to provide information in their application detailing how the scholarship will help them to attain the Millennium Development goals within their country.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is 31 May 2013 and you will be informed of their decision by 30 June 2013 via your welcome website.