Daylog in Elsinore, Denmark is inviting applications for the APL programming language and Problem-Solving Competition 2019.
Would you like to be able to translate know-how into computer-based solutions quickly and efficiently? APL is an array-oriented programming language that will change the way you think about problems and data. It doesn’t take long to learn enough to participate in this competition. Many previous winners of this competition learned APL after they heard about the competition. APL is easy to learn and fun to use, and this is your opportunity to profit from the experience!
Worth of Award
- USD 2 500 cash prize and an invitation to attend the 2019 Dyalog user meeting in Elsinore, Denmark (September 8–12, 2019).
- At the user meeting, the winner will receive their prize and have the opportunity to present their winning work.
- Dyalog will cover all user meeting fees and travel costs up to USD 3 500, plus USD 500 for incidental expenses, for the winner, but not for family or friends.
- The winning student is responsible for visas, travel documents, and other necessary arrangements and must be legally able to travel.
To be considered eligible;
- Only those in full-time education are eligible to win the majority of prizes, although there is a non-student prize that is available if you’re not in full-time education.
- You do not need to submit an entry in Phase II to win a Phase I prize, but to win the grand, second, third or non-student prize, you must complete at least one Phase I problem and at least a minimum set of solutions in Phase II.
- They reserve the right to choose the winners at our sole discretion.
- Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by the judges in relation to their decisions.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the website
Deadline: Application is ongoing