The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in Tanzania invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Scholarships into the Masters Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) Programme in 2019.
The degree is jointly offered by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) and the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA) – Intellectual Property Office of Tanzania.
The MIP Program at UDSM provides an in-depth training and research platform to students on wide dimensions and interface of intellectual property policy and regulatory issues as they apply in a broad spectrum of social developmental issues. The focus is to develop a tailor-made approach and delve into the best intellectual property rights approaches that can be used to achieve developmental goals while taking into account the context and obtaining circumstances of the region.
The Programme adopts a comparative approach, with particular emphasis on the interface
of intellectual property law and policies in the context of the existing economic and social
dynamics obtaining in Africa. Distance Learning Phase is coordinated by the WIPO Academy, where the candidates will be assigned to specific tutors who will introduce to candidates the general contextual and policy issue of intellectual property system. Residential Lectures and Supervision of the dissertation will be given by leading academics, intellectual property practitioners, intellectual property officers and other experts drawn from across Africa
Worth of Award
- With a view to contributing to the development of human resources in the field of Intellectual Property in Africa, ARIPO will provide Five (5) scholarships for the 2019/2020 Academic Year.
- The scholarship shall cover the cost of a return air ticket, stipend at UDSM, tuition fees, registration fees and medical insurance.
- Eligible candidates are required to hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (second class lower) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- Proof of English proficiency is required, therefore, students coming from countries where the official language is not English will need to submit evidence of proficiency in an appropriate internationally approved English examination e.g IELTS, TOEFL AWARD.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a
Masters Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM)
How to Apply
- Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications are invited to submit their applications online on the website of the University.
- Only admitted students will be considered for scholarships. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Deadline for the submission of applications is July 15th 2019.