The Graduate School of Education (GSE) at the American University in Cairo seeks fellowship applications from prospective applicants applying to the MA in International and Comparative Education (ICED). This in its bid to contribute to education reform by providing the theoretical, applied and technical assistance components needed to build the capacity of professionals in the education system.
The fellowship is awarded for four semesters in The American University of Cairo, AUC. And Academic and fellowship research performance of awarded fellows is subject to evaluation at the end of each semester.
Worth of Award
- A full 3 courses or partial waiver up to 2 courses or less of tuition fees coverage
- In support of their professional training fellows are assigned 8 hours per week of related research work
- This work is intended to provide research in support of GSE scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows.
- .In addition to partial tuition support, the highly competitive GSE fellowship will provide students with the opportunity of working with faculty member on their research and other professional work
- Full admission to the MA in International and Comparative Education program.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or “very good” from an Egyptian university. If grades are lower, a rationale must be provided in the written statement.
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience and/ or financial need
How to Apply
- Step 1: Download the graduate admission application form
- Step 2: Complete the online fellowship application
- Applicants are required to provide a written statement. In it, applicants should indicate their research experience, professional experience, and professional goals. Any financial challenges should be indicated in the written statement.
Deadline: Submit the online Fellowship application and all supporting documents and the graduate application by the Fall and Spring semesters graduate application deadlines
- The faculty selection committee results will be announced at least one month prior to the beginning of the fall semester which begins end of August and end of January for the spring semester.
- For inquiries, please contact [email protected]