Egyptian PhD candidates can now for for the 2013 Yousef Jameel PhD Fellowships Tenable at the American University Cairo (AUC). The program is designed to prepare future scientists and industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering. And is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC on a full tuition-free scholarship basis.
The duration is one year to be renewed upon satisfactory academic performance as reviewed and assessed by the School of Sciences and Engineering
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers
- Waiver of tuition fees for one year
- Student services and activities fee.
- A monthly stipend of LE 3,500
The program mandates a full-time research position at the AUC PhD program with no outside professional or job commitments. In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 30 hours per week of assigned research and teaching work in the department that include nine hours of teaching assistance.
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminary proposed dissertation topic and a research outline
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a graduate application and all related documents as required by the AUC graduate admission procedures
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English Proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS)
- Relevant scientific research background
Deadline: Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by the yearly announced deadline. Fellowships begin the following fall semester in September.
For inquiries, please contact [email protected]