Alibaba Global Initiatives is inviting applications for the eFounders Fellowship Programme for Class 9-Africa in China 2021.
The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to e-commerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and to create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
Worth of Award
The Programme Covers:
- Hotel accommodation (shared room).
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day.
- Field trip and site visit transportation costs.
The Programme does not cover (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
- Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will be required to cover the full cost yourself).
- Additional food or personal expenses.
To be considered eligible for the programme;
- You MUST be a founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Your venture MUST be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
- You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
- You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Application for the eFounders Fellowship Class 9-Africa is online.
Deadline: Applications for Class 9 are NOW OPEN.