International students are invited to apply for the 2013/2014 The Cynthia Nelson Institute of Gender and Women Studies is offering full and partial scholarship to outstanding and intelligent graduates seeking to further their masters in gender and women studies at the American University Cairo, (AUC), Egypt.
The fellowship is awarded for two semesters, and the academic performance of awarded fellows is subject to evaluation at the end of each semester.
Worth of Awards
- The award may consist of full three courses, partial waiver of tuition fees for up to two courses, or less coverage.
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work.
- This work is intended to provide research in support of IGWS scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows.
- Full admission to the master’s program in gender and women’s studies
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good from an Egyptian university; if grades are lower, a rationale must be provided in the written statement
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience and/ or financial needs.
How to Apply
Applicants are to:
- Download and submit AUC graduate application form.
- Submit the online application form.
- Applicants are required to provide a written statement. In it, applicants should indicate their research experience, professional experience and professional goals. Any financial challenges should be indicated in the written statement.
Deadline: Applicants must submit the online fellowship application with all supporting documents and the graduate application by July 15.
- The faculty selection committee results will be announced two weeks prior to the beginning of the Fall semester, which begins at the end of August.
- For inquiries, please contact [email protected].