Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) in collaboration with the Monash University is inviting applications for the IITB-Monash joint PhD Scholarship in Australia and India 2019.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) and Monash University joint PhD award program supports four new enrolments each year in the faculties of Engineering and Science. For this joint PhD, the students’ home campus will be at Monash University in Australia. Students will be required to undertake no less than 12 months (post-confirmation, i.e. after their first 12 months of enrolment) at IITB in India.
Worth of Award
The four students will be awarded the following scholarships:
- A living allowance (stipend) provided by Monash University. The RTP Scholarship Policy and Procedures, including eligibility and provisions, apply;
- A full tuition fee sponsorship and single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provided by the relevant Monash faculty for up to a maximum of 42 months (value depends on course of admission, see Study Monash); and
- Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provided by the relevant Monash faculty for up to a maximum of 57 months.
- Students are required to undertake all relevant elements of the Monash Doctoral Program. This may include coursework, training, academic progression milestones and examination processes.
- Upon successful completion of this program, students will graduate with a joint PhD award from both IITB and Monash, receiving a dual-badged testamur.
- All proposed projects undertaken will be agreed upon and approved by both Monash and IITB.
- Interested applicants should contact the relevant faculty to discuss available research areas and projects
How to Apply
- See How to Apply, and when applying, please select “Research degree only” as the application type.
- The selection and recommendation of admission for Monash-based applicants will follow standard Monash application procedures with the addition of a joint-institutional interview.
- The relevant faculty will contact applicants to arrange an interview date and time.
- Please note this interview may be conducted by Skype.
- Successful applicants will be required to commence in 2019.
Deadline: Application closes on May 31, 2019.