As part of the newly launched Replication Fund, youth-led organizations in three program countries of Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya are invited to apply for the 2013 Youth-to-Youth Replication Fund which aims to implement one of the 14 most innovative of the Y2Y project ideas, tailoring the original ideas to fit the new context and new target group and introducing new features and innovations to it.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Facility’s Youth-to-Youth Replication Fund (Y2Y2) is a competitive grant scheme open to youth-led organizations in Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya to replicate the most innovative entrepreneurship development project ideas from the first two rounds of the Youth to Youth (Y2Y) Fund which has been implemented since 2010 in East Africa as part of the Youth Entrepreneurship Facility.
Worth of Awards
- The best replication proposals will receive grants of USD $5,000 – $10,000 along with technical assistance from the Youth Entrepreneurship Facility. YEF is looking for organizations with demonstrated experience in implementing similar projects with positive results; organizations with strong financial management, project management, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting experience.
- Eligible applicants are officially registered, non-governmental, non-partisan, not-for-profit, youth-led organizations in Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.
- By youth-led organizations the Y2Y2 Fund refers to formally registered membership organizations such as business membership organizations (BMOs), young entrepreneurs’ associations, and other non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations, networks, and cooperatives in which young people between the ages of 18 and 35 represent the majority of the management/decision making body (i.e. trustees’ board, board of directors, management team etc.). Young people in the organizations must have the decision making power and be the ones approving the use of project funds.
- The manager of the proposed project must be a young person between the ages of 18 and 30. He/she should be the one submitting the proposal, and will be considered the Youth Entrepreneurship Facility’s key counterpart in the applicant organization. He/she is the representative of the organization to be attending the training provided by the Fund as part of the application process.
- Grants are not given to individuals or non-registered organizations, as funds can only be disbursed to legal entities.
- The applying organization must be physically located in the target region(s)/district(s).
- Past and present Y2Y Fund grantee organizations are not eligible to apply during the implementation period of their project funded by the Y2Y Fund or any of its implementing partner organizations (Foundation for Civil Society in Tanzania, KCDF in Kenya and HUYS Link initiative in Uganda), or to replicate their own project idea.
Proposals submitted by the following type of applicants will be given preferential consideration:
- Projects submitted in partnership with other actors such as government agencies, other CSOs, banks, microfinance institutions, etc. rather than by one organization alone
- Projects that integrate the use of technology
How to Apply
- The proposal form is to be filled out in full in English and emailed (as a PDF or Microsoft Word Document attachment) to [email protected] before the deadline. In the subject field please write: Y2Y2, proposal, (name of your organization).
- In addition to the application form, you must include the Budget of the project using the excel template provided with the Proposal Form.
- You can download the application package from the main page of the Idea Lab on the YEN Marketplace, or the Resources page at yefafrica.org
- Proposals are only accepted in English. Application submitted in any language other than English will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted by May 10, 2013
Visit here to Apply and for more details