Photographische Gesellschaft (PHG) and Edition Lammerhuber, in partnership with UNESCO, the Austrian Parliament, the Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, the International Press Institute (IPI), and the World Press Photo Foundation invite applications for the Global Peace Photo Award in 2023.
The Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world. These are photographers whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world as well as the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
Worth of Award
By way of award, the
- top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
But that’s not all,
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on November 14, 2022 with travel expenses and accommodation paid.
For entries to be considered eligible, they must satisfy the following criteria:
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names, or borders.
- Photographs that are part of reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture.
Entires must equally satisfy these criteria:
- For other entries, they accept digitally edited images and photo montages if they serve to explore a theme creatively.
- All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images.
- You may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme. Or you can submit up to 20 photographs as one story.
- The photographs must not be older than three years at the time when the call for entry opens.
How to Apply
- may submit as many entries as you wish but you must upload your entry as a .jpg file or files.
- can make changes to your entries or delete them at any time prior to the deadline however, you need to finalize and submit your entry before the deadline.
Deadline: The entry deadline for the Global Peace Photo Award is May 21, 2023.