The American University of Cairo invites applications for the Egyptian Public Schools Scholarships for undergraduate studies in the 2021/22 academic session.
AUC launched the Public School Scholarship Fund (PSSF) in 1990 to expand opportunities to academically outstanding and financially disadvantaged students. Selection of finalists is based on high academic achievement, need and geographic diversity. Supported by both individuals and corporations, the PSSF has graduated more than 280 students who attended public schools and who have demonstrated exceptional academic potential while at AUC.
Today, over 100 PSSF recipients are enrolled at AUC; over 30 of them are supported by individual and corporate donors, while the remaining students are awarded scholarships funded by AUC.
Worth of Award
The worth will be communicated to the selected candidates
- Apply for admission at AUC before the assigned deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Be Egyptian students graduating from public schools (not including language schools), Experimental, STEM and Nile schools.
- Have an outstanding secondary school academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Meet AUC admission requirements.
- To maintain the scholarship selected students have to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.
The eligibility criteria for the public school scholarship offered by The American University in Cairo for the academic year 2019-2020 are as follows:
- Students with thanawiya amma certificates from public and experimental schools in the Arab Republic of Egypt (not including language schools), and STEM certificates as well as EICE certificate “for the graduates of the Nile school” for the academic year 2019-20
- Minimum acceptance score is 97 percent for the science section and 94 percent for the arts section. Minimum acceptance score is 92 percent for the STEM certificate and EICE certificates.
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and writing score of 5.5 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 62 and writing score of 17.
- *Tests must be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which applicants are applying.
- Students who do not complete the required documents will be permanently disqualified from the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the scholarship interest form.
Deadline: Application deadline for Fall 2021 is May 31, 2021