Mwenge Catholic University is inviting Tanzanians to apply for the Catholic Scholarship Programme for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The Catholic Scholarship Programme was established to contribute to building the capacity
of the Church by developing servant leaders who will contribute to developing leadership
within congregations and communities and the apostolic works and the Church.
The Programme seeks to achieve this goal by providing eligible sisters, brothers, priests and lay persons working with and for the Church with access to higher education and leadership training. Preference will be given to women religious and local congregations.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship award is partial and will include only tuition fees, administrative costs (i.e application fees and caution money) and other additional fees and administrative costs for the entire duration of the program of study.
- The scholar will also receive a contribution to be used at his or her discretion to cover
additional expenses such as books, research, and travel. The contribution is:
- Masters Tshs. 725,000.00
- Postgraduate Diploma Tshs. 725,000.00
- Bachelor Degree in Tshs. 540,000.00
- Diploma Tshs. 360,000.00
- Certificate Tshs. 360,000.00
- Only students who are starting a course of study are eligible; a student in an ongoing course of study is not allowed to apply for a scholarship.
- The total number of scholarships awarded annually depends on the availability of
- There will be no age restriction; however, the scholar should show that he or she will
be able to provide service and leadership for a period of time in a manner
comparable to the investment made.
- An applicant who is not accepted on his or her first application is not barred from submitting an application in a subsequent year. However, if an applicant is not successful after three submissions, he or she will no longer be eligible.
- Specific Levels of Study:
- Master’s Degree and Post-graduate Diploma. Note that eligibility for a Master’s degree or Post-graduate diploma is possible only following a minimum of two years of work and/or service.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Diploma. Note that this course of study is limited to religious brothers and women religious with a preference for local congregations.
- Certificate. Note that this course of study is limited to religious brothers and women religious with a preference for local congregations.
How to Apply
For more information about the scholarship and how to SUBMIT your application forms
and credentials for the Catholic Scholarship, please contact the Scholarship office at the
addresses provided below:
Catholic Scholarship Programme for Tanzania
Mwenge Catholic University (MWECAU)
Box 1226, Moshi
Mobile Phone: 0753 038 005 or 0785 412 461
Telephone: +255 272974110, Fax: +255 272974108
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes June 30, 2019.