Department of Marketing & Management invites applications for one 3-year PhD position within Consumption, Culture, and Commerce at University of Southern Denmark, SDU 2019.
Worth of Award
Your employment as a Salaried PhD Research Fellow is governed by the agreement of 10 November 2015 on Graduate Employees in government appendix 5 – protocol on PhD Research Fellows. The scholarship runs for three years.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
- a completed Masters degree (or completed by the time of appointment to this position) or equivalent in a relevant field of the social sciences
- strong skills and experience in qualitative and interpretive social research
- experience in conducting anthropological and cultural-sociological fieldwork, including ethnographic and interview research
- a capacity to network and create productive collaborative research relationships with key actors in the field of music festival production
- willingness and capacity to conduct some fieldwork in other European partner national settings
- the capacity to speak Danish fluently will be an advantage given that the position involves fieldwork at Danish music festivals
- interest in and capacity to present research findings at international conferences and to help prepare co-authored research papers arising from the project
How to Apply
An application must include:
- Detailed CV – if possible including publications and teaching experiences.
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results. If you are not yet graduated from a master’s programme please indicate when this is scheduled to occur.
- Application form (please see below)
- A translation of grades according to the European ECTS system obtained in BA and MSc programmes.
- A project description (max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography, etc.) – the description should clearly specify the key research theme that the candidate’s PhD project proposal is contributing to in the context of the larger project as described above.
Deadline: Application closes June 10, 2019.