The University of Southern Denmark(SDU) is inviting applications for its PhD fellowship in General Didaktik at the Department for the Study of Culture in Denmark for the 2019/2020 academic session.
As of 1 September 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, a PhD fellowship in general Didaktik with a focus on quality in Nordic education and teaching, will become available at the Department for the Study of Culture (IKV), Faculty of Humanities, University of Southern Denmark in collaboration with Applied Research, Education and Social Sciences (AFiPS), the Business Academy and University College, Lillebælt.
The Department for the Study of Culture conducts research, teaching and communication in philosophy, cultural studies, literature, media studies and educational science.
Worth of Award
- A PhD Fellowship is a three-year position. Employment ends automatically by the end of the period.
- The holder of the fellowship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
- The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the Protocol on PhD Research Fellow signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) of 10 November 2015, enclosure 5,
To qualify for a PhD position you must have;
- Completed a relevant master’s degree with a good assessment by the application deadline.
- Completed a relevant master’s degree programme with good grades and can present a research project that contributes to the development of general Didaktik theory and/or methodology in relation to QUINT.
- Comparative data from at least two Nordic countries must be included in the project.
- The project must be related to studies of quality in education involving video methods and a focus on lower secondary and/or teacher education.
- It is, therefore, appropriate to involve one or more of the subjects mentioned (social sciences, language arts/L1, mathematics).
How to Apply
The application should include:
- Special PhD-application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed project description, no more than 5 pages
- Examination certificates
- A maximum of 2 of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication. For any publication with a co-author, a co-author statement must be submitted as part of the pdf-file
- Application and all appendices must be in Danish, English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Please always include a copy of the original diploma/certificates. We only accept files in pdf-format no more than 10 MB per file.
- In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file.
- They do not accept zip-files, jpg or other image files.
- All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
Deadline: Application closes June 11, 2019.