Gran Sasso Science Institute is inviting applications for the 31 PhD Positions for International Students in Italy for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The GSSI-Gran Sasso Science Institute, founded in 2012 in L’Aquila (Italy) as Center for Advanced Studies of the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) and then established in March 2016 as a School of Advanced Studies providing post-graduate education.
The research and PhD in physics at the GSSI is focused on astroparticle physics. Astroparticle physics is an interdisciplinary and young research field, grown at the intersection of particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, and cosmology. It addresses some of the most pressing and fundamental questions in science today: the origin and the evolution of our universe, the nature of dark matter and dark energy, the study of neutrinos and of the ultimate constituents of matter, the search for gravitational waves, the investigation, and explanation of the cosmic rays.
Worth of Award
The fellowships are awarded for 4 years and their yearly amount is € 16.159,91 gross. All PhD students have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities and use of the canteen.
- The GSSI invites applications for fellowships for the PhD programmes in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies and Regional Science.
- The official language for all PhD courses in English.
How to Apply
- Applicants must fill out the online application form (www.gssi.it/phd/) and attach the required documents by the deadline. No other application method will be accepted.
- Data and documents entered into the application form are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- In the events of false declarations, the applicant will be excluded from the selection procedure.
- In order to successfully submit the application form, applicants must insert all the data/information and upload the attachments as listed below.
- They strongly recommend applicants to review the inserted information and uploaded attachments before submitting the application.
- No changes are allowed to submitted data. Erroneous data and/or attachments will be evaluated as they are submitted.
- Please note that applicants are responsible for ensuring that their completed application arrives on time.
- They strongly suggest that applicants submit their application well in advance of the deadline in order to avoid last-minute congestion in the online application procedure.
- It is possible to apply to more than one curriculum.
Deadline: Application closes June 18, 2019.