World Peace Initiative invites applications for the 4th Amandla Youth Fellowship in Rwanda 2019. The fellowship is specially designed to offer you practical steps to still your mind and discover deep true peace from within.
As young Africans determined to contribute to the positive transformation of the continent, they need to make sure that we have the tools and skills required to achieve such a noble goal. It is high time they stopped fearing the future and begin to shape it truly and effectively. The objective of the programme is to:
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, emotional intelligence, positive thinking and good habits development, through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young Africans and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Create a networking and exchange forum for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
- 21 days before interview
- 21 days after interview and before the final selection of participants
The fellowship offers 4-day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insights regarding the relationship between mindfulness meditation and various skills necessary for improving personal well-being, enhancing effectiveness in professional and social life, and nurturing healthy and fruitful relationships. Participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Non-violent communication
- Effective teamwork
Worth of Award
- Full or partial airfare sponsorship
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation