Multichoice Africa invites applications for admission into the Multichoice Talent Factory for African Youths in 2019.
In 2018, the company established the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF), a social investment initiative aimed at igniting Africa’s creative industries and growing them into vibrant, economic powerhouses. As a business born and bred in Africa, they have a long term commitment to making a socio-economic difference and creating shared value in the countries in which they operate. As such, they launched the MTF to positively impact the technical and professional value chain in the film and television industry across the continent. Established in partnership with stakeholders across the continent, MTF aims at providing the creative industries with a platform to learn and develop their talent, engage and connect with each other through their shared passions across three touchpoints which include the MTF Academy.
The MTF Academy is a tailored 12-month training programme facilitated at regional academies based in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia, headed by industry experts as Academy Directors. Working hand-in-hand with local creative organisations, regulatory and government partners across the continent, MultiChoice uses its people, facilities and network to provide young emerging filmmakers with the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to help the MTF graduates launch a successful career within the creative industry.
Through the MTF, MultiChoice Africa will cement its commitment to enriching lives by developing the art of inspired local storytelling and story making while simultaneously growing local content on their DStv, GOtv and Showmax platforms and ultimately continue showcasing Africa’s rich cultural heritage and diversity across their local channels including SuperSport, M-Net, Africa Magic, Maisha Magic East, Maisha Magic Bongo, Pearl Magic and Zambezi Magic.
Worth of Award
- MultiChoice Africa will be providing academy students with a fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice Africa’s HR policies, to meet their living expenses.
- For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travelling costs will be provided. Further stipend amounts are set and are non-negotiable
- If the reason for your travel is personal, then you would have to carry the cost for any such trip. However, if there is a professional need for a student to travel on academy related business and this travel has been approved by the Academy Director, then MultiChoice Africa will carry the costs (within reason) for these academy related excursions.
- The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
have a qualification from a registered and/or recognised post-secondary education institution and/or
- have experience in the film industry.
- Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the application form on their website
Deadline: Applications close on June 14, 2019.