Unilever Global in partnership with the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership invites applications for the Young Entrepreneurs Awards in 2019.
They believe the world will only succeed in delivering the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals if we all start to think and work differently. That means a real shift towards meaningful partnerships and collaboration across the whole range of players – from governments to NGOs, and big businesses to start-ups.
That’s why six years ago they started the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards to recognise and support brilliant young innovators tackling the planet’s biggest environmental and social challenges and to help them achieve scale for impact.
Since the launch of the Awards in 2013, they’ve reached over 5,800 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organisations and provided tailored support and funding to 37 winners. From simple solutions with far-reaching impacts for child nutrition to groundbreaking technologies to cut greenhouse emissions, these changemakers are challenging business as usual and leading the way to a more sustainable future.
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2019. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels.
Worth of Award
- All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2019 competition.
- Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The overall winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
They’re looking for initiatives relating to one or more of the three categories they’re focusing on:
- Improve people’s health and well-being
- Improve the health of the planet
- Contribute to a fairer and more socially inclusive world
- Whether it’s with an initiative, product or service, if you’ve gone beyond the idea stage and started to make an impact, they want to hear from you.
Anyone from around the world (excluding Russia), aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2019).
How to Apply
- To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form.
- You’ll need to tell them about your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future. The more you can share, the better.
Deadline: The competition opens at 00:00 BST on 07 May 2019 and closes at 23:59 BST on June 30, 2019.