The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the UK is offering the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships to affiliated universities in Sri Lanka 2022.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree while developing new skills, experiencing life in another country, and building their global networks.
Scholarships are for students committed to creating change in their communities and contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance (stipend)
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
University of Colombo
The following courses are available:
- MSc in Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc in Cellular and Molecular Immunology
Applicants must be a graduate in biological, medical, dental, veterinary, agricultural or chemical sciences.
Postgraduate Institute of Management (PIM), University of Sri Jayewardenepura
The following course is available:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years managerial experience.
Before applying, please check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course)
How to apply
Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Complete a QECS application online
- Submit a separate application for admission to your chosen course.
- If you have questions about university course admissions at either university, please contact:
University of Colombo: [email protected]
University of Sri Jaywardenepura: [email protected]
Deadlines: Applications close June 10, 2021