The University of Queensland is inviting applications for the Financial Support Scholarships for the Master of Advanced Economics in 2021.
The Master of Advanced Economics (MAdvEcon) degree is designed to provide a pathway to the School of Economics PhD program. An alternative pathway is via an approved Bachelor of Economics (Honours) programme.
Why at the University of Queensland? The University offers an education which will equip candidates for future success – locally and globally, today and tomorrow from teachers and scholars who are international experts in their fields. Applicants will enjoy a healthy study/life balance as well as an active lifestyle.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship is worth AU$30,000 per annum and a tuition fee waiver.
- Upon successful completion of the degree, they will then support the candidate’s application for a UQ PhD scholarship.
- The school tops up all UQ PhD scholarships to AU$30,000 per annum.
To enroll in the program;
- A person must hold a relevant bachelor honours degree or equivalent as approved by the executive dean, or a relevant postgraduate degree in economics or cognate discipline;
- Satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
- Applicants should have a minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills. CES – Overall 176 and 169 in all subbands.
- Please note, the Master of Advanced Economics degrees (16 and 24 units) are only available to students pursuing a PhD with the School of Economics.
- Applicants wishing to undertake a coursework Masters program should consider the alternative degrees offered in the School of Economics suite of programs.
How to Apply
Your application for the MAdvEcon must include the relevant supporting documents:
- Academic CV
- Previous academic transcripts
- Evidence of English language requirements (GMAT/GRE score sheets if applicable)
- At least two referee reports.
- There is no need to locate a supervisor before applying.
- Applications will be considered in two rounds.
Deadline: The deadline for the first application round is 30 April and the deadline for the second application round is September 30.