The University for Development Studies is inviting applications for the West African Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture (WACWISA) Masters and PhD Scholarships in Ghana 2021.
The Scholarship Award Scheme (SAS) is provided by the Government of Ghana (GoG) and the World Bank (WB) to support promising African students to pursue Masters (MSc/MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) study programmes in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering and to conduct related research in the West African sub-region in particular and the Africa Region at large.
Enrolled students will be supported to develop international experience in one or more of the WACWISA’s international partners’laboratories and field stations. The need for highly skilled trained professionals is very paramount, given the issues of water scarcity and the development of functional and efficient irrigation infrastructure at the Africa regional level, needed for the intensification of agriculture, increased productivity and food security.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is tenable at the University for Development Studies, School of Engineering and shall cover the following:
- Tuition, Research, and Learning Costs
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation, living expenses, health insurance, and other personal incidentals.
- Research Costs
- International Placement/Mobility Costs
- This will cover travel cost in a return economy class ticket and living expenses for a period of between three (3) to six (6) months.
- Meet the standard University for Development Studies Admission requirement for both local and international students.
- Apply for the Masters/Doctor of Philosophy programme in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering at the University for Development Studies.
- Submit an official/certified academic transcript from the previous University of study and a certified copy of academic certificates, with official English translation provided where necessary
- For the Master’s programme, have a Bachelor’s degree (honours) or equivalent with at least a Second-Class Upper Division in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation and Management, Horticulture, Agronomy, Hydrology and Watershed Management and Engineering, Agricultural Technology, Soil Science or related fields.
How to Apply
- National Students (Ghanaian)and Regional Students (Non-Ghanaian) should submit full complement of documentation to [email protected] and copy [email protected] with a subject line “WACWISA Masters and PhD scholarships”
- Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University for Development Studies, Tamale – Ghana
Deadline: Application closes on June 30, 2021. 12:00 mid-night GMT