Simmons University is inviting applications for the Kotzen Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students in the 2021/22 academic year.
The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is a competitive merit award that recognizes the best and brightest students interested in a transformative education at Simmons University. This is the most prestigious award offered at Simmons and acknowledges excellence through a focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity.
Simmons University is the place to explore your interests with rigorous classes, thoughtful discussions, real-world experiences, and life-changing people. At Simmons, their curriculum is totally customizable and interdisciplinary, giving you the opportunity to explore new subjects in ways you never thought of before.
Worth of Award
The Kotzen Scholarship provides;
- Full tuition,
- Room & board,
- An additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more.
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- A standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honours, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
- Students who meet the criteria above are often also interested in the Honors Program at Simmons.
How to Apply
- The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below.
- Students should submit their essays in PDF or Word Doc via our online form, or email directly with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by the deadline.
- Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
- Please note: it is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
Deadline: Application closes December 1, 2021.