L’Oréal-UNESCO is inviting applications for the Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents programme for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in 2021.
The Maghreb Fellowships L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science aims at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the following fields (Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry applied to life). Like those of Sciences of the matter (such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Fellowships aim to distinguish young female researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science.
Worth of Award
Individual fellowships amount: 10 000 €
Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral level
- Open to all scientific fields
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2020 are set to be awarded to 5 young female scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. The fellowship is within the framework of a partnership between the L’Oréal Foundation and the National Boards for UNESCO in the 4 previously-named countries.
- Being aged at most 35 years at the closing date of the call for applications
- Academic excellence
- Quality and originality of the research project
- Capacity to promote science among young people
How to Apply
Applications can only be made through the online platform by the applicants themselves. An application is considered complete when it contains all of the following parts, in English or in French:
- A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
- Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
- copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
- A detailed abstract/description of the research project of a maximum of 2 pages
- Including research projects in progress
- A suggested project of the grant’s use supporting the application and inclusive to some
- The list of publications and patents.
- Recommendation letters from supervisor and/or director of the scientific institute or
school where the thesis has been carried.
- Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline as well as applications that do not fulfil the above conditions will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications close July 31st, 2021.