The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is inviting applications for the Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students in Italy 2022.
In order to foster international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions). The grants are only available to attend academic courses in Italy.
Worth of Award
- Tuition Fees
Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. An exemption is not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
- Health and Medical Insurance
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- Financial Grant
Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.
Applicants should meet the following requirements in order to be eligible;
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy* and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)** holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the link on their website
- They recommend choosing a frequently used email address; subsequent communications will be sent to the chosen address.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- visit the official website to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: Application closes June 9, 2022.